My Brazilian husband grew up drinking “Limonada Suíça com leite condensado”, or Brazilian Limeade as us Americans would call it. Brazilian Limeade is made with the entire lime, and besides sugar, some (like us) add sweetened condensed milk to it. The sweetened condensed milk gives the chilled drink a creaminess and a froth at the top that leaves a small foam mustache when you drink it. It is the ultimate refreshment for a hot day.
The sweetened condensed milk also cuts the bitterness out that would otherwise be evident with the rind blended in, even though the rind and pulp is strained out.
Brazilian Limeade separates quickly so its best served “estupidamente gelada” or in other words, extremely cold, over ice. If you are making it ahead of time, in several batches, and storing it in a pitcher, be sure to mix or shake it well before you serve.
Check out that frothy deliciousness at the top!
Here is the video demonstration of Brazilian Limeade:
Brazilian Limeade (Limonada Suíça com Leite Condensado)
- 3 whole limes cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup sweetended condensed milk
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high for about 1 minute or until everything is blended thoroughly. There will be some small chunks of lime rind, which is normal.
- Place a fine strainer over a bowl and pour about half of the mix through the strainer. Use a spoon to push the liquid all the way through the strainer. When most of the liquid is through, discard remaining pulp/rind/ice in trash. Pour remaining blender mix through strainer and repeat process of pushing liquid through.
- Pour liquid limeade that is in the bowl into a carafe bottle or directly over ice and serve.Can be refrigerated, but be sure to shake well before serving. Optional alcoholic version: Use less or no water and add vodka to your liking. Sugar-free version: Substitute sweetened condensed milk for sugar-free sweetened condensed milk, and substitute white sugar for 2 packets of stevia.
I would love to hear if you try this recipe! It is a family favorite and one that you won’t be able to try just once!
If you liked this post, be sure to pin it and share it with others!