A couple summers ago I bought a HUGE bag of limes from Costco. Why does anyone with less than 10 people living in their home by ANY fruit at Costco? I was hungry.
So, I and found myself scouring the internets for easy recipes utilizing this surplus of lime. I came across a recipe by Rachael Ray on Food Network for a Honey Lime Chicken Sandwich that sounded delicious, only I decided to change a couple things and add a flavored mayo. This has been a summer fav ever since I first made it, so I thought it would be the perfect candidate for “My First Post on Food”!
And ya’ll I had so much fun assembling these sandwiches and taking pictures because it reminded me of my days as a self-appointed ‘sandwich artist’. I worked in a 1-(Wo)Man cafe for a couple years and would take great pride in making sandwiches not only taste good, but look beautiful. To this day I don’t let my family members assemble meat sandwiches… like, ever. It’s weird, I know.
Your Grocery List for this Dish (your welcome):
4-6 Ciabatta Rolls (I found some in my bakery section, a pre-packaged take-n-bake variety)
2.5ish pounds of chicken tenderloin filets or chicken breasts
1 head green leaf lettuce
Sliced cheddar cheese
1 Red onion
1 bunch fresh cilantro
steak seasoning (the kind that has course salt and peppa)
good mayo (I like Hellmann’s Olive Oil Mayo)
hot sauce of your liking
Ingredients for Cilantro-Lime Chicken:
My First Post on Food: Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- 1 lime, juiced, & rind from entire lime grated
- 3 T. honey
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 t. cumin
- 2 t. steak seasoning
- 1 T. (approx) of chopped fresh cilantro
- 4-6 chicken tenderloin filets (or you can use 3 chicken breasts cut in half through the thickness of it)
- Seasoned Mayo:
- 1 1/2 c. mayo
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 packed teaspoon of grated lime rind
- 3/4 t. cumin
- 1 T. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 t. Cholula hot sauce (or tabasco if you like a little more heat)
- Combine above ingredients and let marinate for at least 15 minutes but up to an hour. Grill outside for best results, or grill on a small rack with lined cookie sheet underneath in a 450 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Combine seasoned mayo ingredients, mix well and spread on toasted bread. Place chicken breast on bottom piece, then cheese, then avocado, tomato, onions, lettuce, then the top piece of bread with seasoned mayo smeared on.
Cooking the Chicken:
Ingredients for Cilantro-Lime Mayo:
Stir, stir, stir…
Smear generously on the toasted rolls, assemble your other sandwich ingredients…
Keep in mind, this seasoned mayo will make much more than you will need for the 4-6 sandwiches, but it is so good, you will want to use it on everything!
That does look incredibly YUMMY!!! Just might have to give it a try very soon.
Looks incredible. x
This. Looks. Divine! I’m a big fan of cilantro, and avocado, and, well, everything else. Pinning!
BTW-I co-host a link party every Friday called Pin Your Friday Favorite, and we’d love to have you (tshirtjeans.blogspot.com).
Also, I think you did a great job on your coffee table. Loved the color. What a find for $12!