Today I’m sharing a family favorite dish, Thai Peanut Chicken and how to make it fast in an electric pressure cooker or InstaPot. I shared this recipe last fall on my Instagram stories, but felt it was worth sharing here on my blog too!
This is a great quick meal that tastes even better as leftovers! While in the video I show how to make it in an electric pressure cooker, you can make it in a slow-cooker or even on the stove-top!
Thai Peanut Chicken
Step 1 Chicken & Sauce
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
Step 2 Veggies
- 1 whole red pepper, chopped
- 3-4 whole green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
Step 3 Thickening Agent
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- In an electric pressure cooker on high, add chicken, chicken broth, soy sauce, garlic, and chili pepper flakes. Cook on high for about 20-25 min or until it can be easily shredded. If using a slow-cooker or stove-top, cook on medium for about 4 hours. Shred chicken with a fork. Add veggies and simmer for an additional 15 minutes in the electric pressure cooker. Last, add thickening agents (slurry of chicken brother and corn starch) and peanut butter. Stir in, let simmer for a couple minute and serve over rice.