This post is sponsored by Kreg Tool.
Today I’m going to share with you free printable build plans for a simple farmhouse 2-drawer night stand. This is a pretty simple build and couple be completed in a couple of hours, provided you are better at installing drawer slides than me! 😉
Last week I was quite busy cleaning and decorating my house getting ready for a magazine editor coming to look at our home. After she left I made a quick assessment of some top priority projects I needed to finish before the magazine comes next month. One of those was installing bi-fold doors in our master bathroom to replace the sliding mirror ones that are currently there. I plan on giving them a craftsman style finish just like I did in my boys’ shared room but painting them white instead of gray. When I bought the closet doors I realized that the vintage night stand that was on that side of the bed, stuck out too far! Ugh! I love that night stand– it is simple but charming in its design and the two drawers are so handy! I have done videos on how to paint with chalk paint and how to wax, both using that vintage night stand. However… it would impede the door closet doors by about 3 inches so it needed to go.
Here is what the previous vintage night stand looks like:
And here is the new one I made, just like it, but a tad shorter in length. 🙂
Dimensions: 27 3/4″ tall x 15″ deep x 26 1/2″ wide (top)
I removed the drawer pulls from the old night stand and put them on the new one, and it really is amazing what a set of vintage pulls can do for a piece of furniture!
The ONLY thing that was a complete pain in the butt for me was the drawer slides. I messed with them and messed with them for well over an hour until my friend Jen just reminded me that 1) cheaper drawer slides are harder (which I was using) and 2) it has to be perfectly square in order to have a perfect fit. Since my drawer face was such a tight fit and despite my best efforts on building it perfectly square, I ended up having to use a small shim on one side of a slide to get it all worked out. I would suggest learning from my mistakes and cutting your drawer faces a sliver more than I did so there is a tiny bit more of a gap all the way around and using the ball-bearing side mount drawer slides rather than the bottom mount drawer slides.
Either way, it’s working now and I’m happy!
I love how it still feels and looks vintage but it the right SIZE for our space now.